Chiang Rai Cycling To Chieng Khong ( Laos border ) .A great arrangement for cycling travelers who love to get in touch with culture and people during their cycling holiday in Thailand and Laos. This biking tour offers some of the most beautiful areas in northern Laos.
Day 1 – Chiang Rai to Chiang Saen – Biking – 65 km
8:00 Am pick up from your hotel . After leaving Chiang Rai, you follow the Kok River in northern direction through fruit plantations and paddy fields. You also passing a rubber plantation, rarely seen in Northern Laos. Chiang Saen, the oldest urban settlement of Thailand and former capital of Lanna Kingdom, is nice located on the banks of the Mekong river. In the afternoon, you can visit the viewpoint in the heart of the Golden Triangle. Over Night in hotel .
Day 2– Chiang Saen to Chiang Khong – Biking 68 km
The first stage of today’s ride is easy going. With mountain backdrops, the road follows the Mekong river through picturesque hill tribe villages, tobacco and rice fields. The last 12 kilometers are more challenging with some steep but short ascents. The road joins the main road just before the entry to Chiang Khong: The border entry to Laos. This is the last night that you will stay overnight in Thailand on this tour. Over Night in hotel . ( from here you can connecting tour to Laos by boat )
The price: Contact Us
- Transfers as mentioned above by private air conditioned car
- English speaking tour guide
- Accommodation in tour
- Bike and helmet
- Meals as mentioned in program
- Entrance fees , Water and snack for cycling day
- Beverages, guide tips and personal expenses
- “Hall of Opium” museum entrance fees (optional visit, to be paid locally)
- Compulsory Gala Dinner at hotels (only during festive periods)