Magnificent vistas from the hills overlooking Chiang Mai city. A trip for experienced riders only! Technical trails where you ride over rocks, holes, roots, mud and all you can expect of a hardcore biking day..
08.30am Meeting at your Chiangmai city hotel
Bike fitting and transfer by “songtaew” to the foothill of Doi Suthep mountain, our trip starting point.
The trip begins with the challenging climb of the road to the Doi Suthep mountain top. As a private trip, you have the option to shuttle by vehicle, or to warm up your legs riding this hilly winding 15km climb to the top. A short visit to Wat Prathat Doi Suthep Temple can be made while we are there. The back of the temple offers great views of the city of Chiangmai. Before the down hill ride, eventually ring the bells in the temple ground for good luck!
After getting ready, we will follow a rutted jungle trail winding it’s way through the National Park.
We set off for this amazing roller coaster ride through scenic nature and dense forest.
The cycling section is approximately 30 km of rutted, sometimes technical downhill trails.
The ride finish at the small lake were we have a late lunch on the lake shore.
After relaxation and rest, we transfer by vehicle back to your Chiangmai hotel mid-afternoon.
Depending of timing, if participants decide to cycle the climb up also, then we will have a pack lunch near the mountain top Temple, before cycling down hill.
– End of cycling trip –
The prince: Contact Us
- Transfers as mentioned above by private air conditioned car
- English speaking tour guide
- Accommodation one night in Chiang-dao at Padeng Lodge in private fan cooled room
- Accommodation one night in Chiang Rai, tourist class hotel, with air-cond and en suite bathrooms
- Meals as mentioned in program
- Elephant show, elephant riding, caves entrance fees
- Beverages, guide tips and personal expenses
- “Hall of Opium” museum entrance fees (optional visit, to be paid locally)
- Compulsory Gala Dinner at hotels (only during festive periods)